Happy Couple celebrates their Fiancee visa approval Immigration petition is approved
K-3 Spousal Visa Preparation

*K3 visas are no longer being offered by Immigration. The CR-1 Spousal Visa replaces the K3.

Go here for details on obtaining the CR 1 visa

Click here for info on Spousal Visa Service

What is a K-3 Spousal Visa

If your spouse is not a citizen of the United States and you plan to bring her to live in the United States, then you must file a petition with INS on behalf of your spouse. After the petition is approved, your spouse must obtain a visa issued at a U.S. Embassy or consulate abroad. This visa is called a K3 visa.

The normal visa process to petition for an Alien relative, parent, sibling, spouse takes considerable time. Many years. However, for a spouse there is a streamlined procedure that overlaps with the Fiancee Visa process.

In practice, the US Citizen submits the standard petition for an Alien relative, Then waits for USCIS to acknowledge that a case has been opened for his spouse. Then he prepares and submits the identical documents he would for a Fiancee Visa, asking USCIS to modify the petion for an Alien relative to that of a K3 spousal visa.

By Fred Wahl